Friday, November 11, 2011

Heading home!

We arrived at the airport about 830pm for our 1055pm flight. After pleading our case with the KLM agent and supervisor (about the mix-up the airline had made a few days prior with the tickets and I said I lost almost a night of sleep); we were upgraded to economy comfort which was wonderful - a smaller section of about 20 rows that was much quieter and had more leg room. I think I got about 4-5 hours of broken sleep. It's about 5am right now and we have just landed in Amsterdam. Halfway home to Matt and my girls - to lots of hugs and kisses!

A final picture with our wonderful guide for the past few days - James!


SARAH's JOURNAL

Heading home after such an awesome trip. I'm sad to leave but ready to go home. I'll be staying in Grand Rapids until Sunday to see my gorgeous twin nieces and hopefully recover from jet lag before my final flight back to SNA and my own bed! This trip was above and beyond all I had dreamed it could be - definitely my BEST trip ever! We were able to serve and help the Mully Children's Family (MCF), spend quality time together and explore Africa for a few days at the end of our trip.

After dinner tonight, James (our driver) took us to the airport for our 1055pm flight ... via Amsterdam to Detroit and on to Grand Rapids - to arrive just after 1pm tomorrow afternoon (9pm Kenya time). Miriam asked for an upgrade due to a mix-up by Delta with her return ticket - she was persistant and we were upgraded to Comfort Class - more leg room and we each had a row to ourselves! Although I rarely have trouble sleeping on planes (lots of practice), Miriam is hoping for 2-3 hours on this first 8 hour flight. I'm planning to kick back with my Kindle - I'm reading Nelson DeMille and just finished the Gold Coast (thanks for the recommendation, Charlie - great book) and now I'm starting the Gate House.

Genite for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment